Walking around the world is one of the biggest possibilities of using VR technology. Due to the Street View application from Google, we can teleport anywhere in the world.
The owners of goggles to virtual reality, may choose any place in the world, for example: Hawaii or the famous Pyramids in Giza, and with one click they may move to the selected place. In this article I will show you how to do it. Firstly, I propose to equip with the VR goggles, the next step is downloading the Google Street View application from the Play Store.
1. When launching Street View application on our phone, we will see the screen where we can enter a desired location, and below we have a map of the world and the results in form of a list of photos.
The application can distinguish two types of images – made by “Google Maps” and the rest made by users of the application. I write about it because pictures taken by “Google Maps” have attached location, and thanks to arrows placed in the picture we can walk without constant taking off goggles of our head and manual switching of images in the application.
2. After selecting interesting places we click on the image of our interest which is placed in searching’s results.
3. Then we rotate the phone horizontally, click on Cardboard mode in the upper right corner and we are ready to start a virtual trip.
If you want to move (walk) in the selected place, and on the spherical picture there are directional arrows, you simply take the right direction and use the button on the VR goggles (if the goggles don’t have a button, you can use a gamepad).
Which places are worth visiting?
According to me, there are the most interesting places:
- Machu Picchu, Peru
- Taj Mahal
- Colosseum – Rome
- Eiffel Tower – The Eiffel Tower
- The island of Bora-Bora
- National Park Goreme in Turkey
- Pico do Ferro
- Barnafoss Bridge
And what are your favorite places on Street View?